Lifeline assistance lowers the cost of basic, monthly local telephone service. Only eligible low-income consumers may receive the benefits of discounted telephone service.
Lifeline is a government assistance program that reduces the cost of monthly wireless telephone service or residential home telephone service. An eligible YourTel customer may receive a Lifeline discount on a wireless service or home phone, but the Lifeline discount is available for only one telephone connection per household. Lifeline service is non-transferable and only eligible subscribers may enroll.
Eligibility for the YourTel Lifeline service program varies by state. Subscribers may qualify for a YourTel Lifeline program if they participate in one of the government programs listed below or qualify based on household income eligibility standards as defined below. By completing the YourTel application, a subscriber's consent is required to the release required information, to a designated agent as required for the administration of your YourTel Lifeline service. This consent survives the any termination of this agreement. YourTel reserves the right to review any subscriber's continued eligibility for the Lifeline program, at any time, and may require subscribers to provide YourTel with written documentation of either subscriber household income or subscriber's participation in a qualifying state or federal program.
A subscriber may only participate in one Lifeline program in either landline or wireless service at the subscriber's principal place of residence. If a subscriber or any member a subscriber's household participates in a Lifeline program from another provider, the subscriber is responsible for terminating service with any other provider's Lifeline program before applying for new service in YourTel's Lifeline program.
Program Based Eligibility
Program based eligibility varies by state. YourTel subscribers are eligible to receive a Lifeline discount, under the program based eligibility, if they participate in one or more of the following programs and the state also participates in that program.
- SNAP fka Food Stamps (program may be named differently by state)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch programs (free lunch programs)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program (TANF)
For subscribers residing on Tribal Lands:
- Food Distribution on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Government Assistance (BIA)
- Tribally Administered TANF
- Head Start (meeting income qualifying standards)
Income Based Eligibility
Subscribers are eligible to receive Lifeline discounts, under the income based eligibility, if subscriber’s total combined household income meets 135% of the U.S. Government Income Poverty Guidelines. Proof of income documentation must be provided to YourTel to demonstrate eligibility income based eligibility.
1 person: $15,890
2 people: $21,506
3 people: $27,122
4 people: $32,738
5 people: $38,354
Each additional person: $5,616
To qualify for income eligibility, you must provide copies of one or more of the documents listed below. If you provide documentation that does not cover a full year, you must submit three consecutive months of the same type of document within the current calendar year.
- Prior year's state, federal or tribal tax return
- Social Security benefits statement
- Retirement/Pension benefit statement
- Veterans Administration benefits statement
- Divorce decree or child support document
- Federal or tribal notice letter of participation in Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Unemployment/Workers Compensation benefits statement
- Current income statement from employer or paycheck stub
- YourTel Lifeline Programs Restrictions:
Subscribers applying for service in a YourTel Lifeline program agree to, and declare under penalty and perjury, that all of the following conditions below apply (but not limited to):
- The YourTel Lifeline program is limited to one connection per household
- Subscriber applying for service certifies that subscriber does not participate in any other Lifeline program.
- Subscriber applying for service may be required to provide a Social Security Number in order to certify or verify eligibility for Lifeline service. (Social Security information is strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to others without a subscriber’s written consent)
- If subscriber participates in another Lifeline program at the time applying for YourTel Lifeline service, the subscriber agrees to cancel Lifeline service with any other provider.
- Subscriber agrees to notify YourTel of any address change within 30 days
- Subscriber affirms they meet the head of household requirement.
- Subscriber affirms they are least 18 years old.
- Subscriber affirms they are not claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax returns.
- Subscriber affirms they will immediately notify YourTel if they no longer participate in at least one of the state or federal programs required to receive Lifeline discounts.
- Subscriber applying for service affirms if they are seeking to qualify for Lifeline as an eligible resident of Tribal lands, he or she lives on Tribal lands
- Subscriber authorizes representatives of any state of federal assistance program to discuss or provide documentation needed to verify participation requested by YourTel. Subscriber also authorizes any state or federal assistance programs representatives to verify subscriber’s eligibility for the Lifeline program.
- Subscribers applying for the Lifeline program authorize YourTel or its duly appointed representative’s to have access to records relating to the applicant to verify eligibility for the YourTel Lifeline program.
- Subscriber affirms that Lifeline is a non-transferable benefit.
- Subscriber affirms they may be required to re-certify or verify their participation in Lifeline at any time.
- Subscriber authorizes YourTel to release any records required for the administration of the Lifeline program including to the Universal Service Administrative Company, to be used to ensure the proper administration of the Lifeline Program.
- Subscribers applying for the YourTel Lifeline program affirm, under penalty and perjury, that all foregoing representations made when applying for service are true and correct to the best of the subscriber’s knowledge.
Subscribers participating in the YourTel Lifeline program will be required to re-certify, on an annual basis, their qualification to continue to participate in Lifeline programs based on the appropriate state or federal recertification or verification requirements. YourTel reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, if a subscriber meets the annual recertification or verification requirements and if the subscriber fails to re-qualify for Lifeline service. If YourTel is unable to recertify or verify the required Lifeline qualifications the subscriber will be deemed ineligible to further participate in YourTel Lifeline programs. Failure to re-certify to continued eligibility within 30 days will result in the termination of Lifeline benefits.
To enroll in YourTel’s Lifeline Program, please visit an authorized YourTel retail sore or contact YourTel at 1-855-299-9990.